Wednesday, February 3, 2010

oh yes, there's more

Now I wouldn't call making soap an addiction for me. If you compared it to fabric and quilting it would even hold a flickering candle. But I do enjoy it and it's a great hobby. Yesterday my friend Ida and I whipped up a batch. I used a scent called
"You'd better like this scent because it was ridiculously expensive." Oops, I mean, "Christmas Spice" which is great for anyone who loves the whole cinnamon, clovy, holiday smell. I used Trader Joe's Apple Cider as my liquid. We threw in a couple Tbsp of cranberry seeds too, to give it a nice exfoliating touch. Now only 6 weeks to wait to use it! :)
As soon as I order some more lye I'm going to make one more batch using my Cucumber Melon sent. It smells so fresh- like spring time!

10 comments:

Dee said...

It sounds like you could eat it!

I bet it smells great too!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I'd love to smell that. Do you sell your soaps?

KaHolly said...

Okay, that's it. I'm going to make soap. I've been wanting to forever, but it always looks like such a process.....apple cider? ~karen

Leslie said...

oooh cucumber melon is my husbands favorite scent.

Anonymous said...

I love handmade soaps! I've considered trying to make some, but have never gotten to it...that Christmas scent sounds lovely.

Tina said...

Where do you get your sents? I love your blog.

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Thank Tina! I buy most of my supplies from Bramblberry.com. Mountainroseherbs.com is also where I have purchased some EOs.

Anonymous said...

OMG....a bar of that soap sounds absolutely devine! The scent is exactly me..love spices! What do you do with all the bars?

Amanda said...

Isn't it expensive to buy all the soap supplies?

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Amanda,
No, it's not....in the long run. :) Compared to what a bar of handmade soap costs (at least here) it ends up saving us quite a bit of money every year by making our own.
Heather

Related Posts with Thumbnails