Monday, February 22, 2010

Good reads

I don't read as much as I'd like to. Mostly just due to time constraints! But I do pick up a book every now and then and try to read as much of it as possible in the evening after the kids are to bed!

First, Chemical Free Kids:

I've had this book for a while now but I refer to it all the time. If you have kids, it is a "must have" book to have in your library. I try and re-read it every 6 months or so just to refresh my memory on everything. There is a follow up to this book that I am very interested to read as well.


Second, Nourishing Traditions:

This book is a fabulous wealth of knowledge. If you never once used a recipe from this book it would still be worth owning just for all the added information on each and every page!



Last, The Encyclopedia of Country Living:

All around great information written by a woman who was a great homesteader. This book is also one I often refer back to.

Hope that you enjoy these as much as I do!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

The Country Living book looks familiar... maybe I should do a hunt through my bookcase. I'll bet I have it... or maybe I shouldn't... My book stack is about 6 high right now :)

It looks really good, though and probably has lots of helpful information.

KaHolly said...

Great!! 3 new books of worth to add to my "Need" list!! Thanks so much for sharing~karen

Jo said...

Hello
I just found your blog...it's nice. I am a HUGE fan of Carla Emery's book of Country Living. It amazes me every time I pick it up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails