Thursday, February 18, 2010

last night

Yesterday I posted a little blurb on my facebook page about trying to be optimistic about the day. I was trying to stay positive because in all honesty I woke up in one foul mood. (I have serious lack of sleep to thank for that one.) Anyway, I also said that I was going to be praying, for myself, because I needed it! I needed God to soften my heart yesterday, to give me patience and wisdom with my kids, for the house and all the undones, for sanity!
Well, I know some of you were praying for me because I could feel it! My day was not half bad, things went fairly smoothly and at the end of it all, I felt like the Lord had heard my prayers and the prayers of others for me and had given me just what I had asked for. Thank you Jesus!
So last night I got to do a few fun things!
Bread baking

Butter making. I had leftover raw cream that was getting "cowy" so I made it into butter for baking.

Buttermilk.

And yes, I even patted it into a nice little cube!

I also got to look through the sales issue from Azure for my next order thanks to a seriously sleeping hard baby next to me. (P.S. Sorry about the laundry in the shot. I wish Gavin had said something BEFORE he took the picture. I told him he's no Ansel Adams. He said that was fine.)

5 comments:

KaHolly said...

I'm glad your day turned out okay! I've had a couple of those days this past week myself, so I hear you! And just look at all you have accomplished! I'm certainly impressed! ~karen

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

sounds like our day yesterday were somewhat similar. God is always faithful to hear us and answer when we ask for strength and guidance. How awesome is He!

i receive the Azure Standard catalog too. when LIndsey was about 1 1/2 to 2 years old, we thought she may have some allergies. her nose ran all the time! as a baby, i had a bunch of food allergies so we thought that might be her problem too. so we took her off of wheat and dairy. that didn't change anything, but we were going to order food from Azure. never did. sounds like a pretty neat way to get organic stuff.

Liz said...

I'm glad you ended up having a good day.

I remember the days of sleeping babes on the couch... Now a days my little ones seem to go a million miles an hour.

Leslie said...

we very occasionally love to make butter in a jar....you make so many fun and cool things...that bread looks great by the way. Look how cute that baby is laying there all knocked out!

Anonymous said...

You're too cute! Love the shot with baby! =) Have a blessed day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails