Saturday, February 20, 2010

lunch

Lunch today consisted of leftover stew from last night and homemade tortillas! I got the recipe from Cindy's blog. If you're not already following her blog then what are you waiting for? It's fantastic!
These are great tortillas and I'm so happy to have found the recipe because 1. I'm always looking for more things to use my sourdough starter on and 2. tortillas were the only kind of bread we were still buying instead of making......until now.

Tortilla Dough

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup warm water
2 Tbsp sourdough starter

Bring this together into a nice dough. A dough hook works well with this. This dough needs to rest for at least 30 minutes. It is just about perfect at 8-12 hours.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

What great pictures. Thanks much. We are going to have tortillas, organic, grass fed hot dogs and sauerkraut for lunch!

Stew sounds really good!

Leslie said...

this is great...there is a joke in my husbands family about how this is one of the only things my mother in law can make but yours are way more round than hers are.

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

well, i just got done checking out the A Step of Health blog. some interesting reading there.
I'm going to learn more about making ginger ale and the health benefits of it. I didn't realize that there was anything to ginger ale. Whaddya know?!!
thanks for the recommendation!

Stephanie said...

Those tortillas look amazing. I might have to try them. Love the new quilt.

Lynette said...

Have you found a recipe for pizza dough using the starter? That's something I would love!

Lynette said...

Oh and hey...The directions are a little ambiguous for someone who hasn't much experience making dough...what does "Bring together into a nice dough. A dough hook works nice for this." I have a dough hook, plus my bread machine will make up my dough...but I don't know what "a nice dough" is...:P

Cathy said...

I am trying to be more like you.....made homemade bread again for the first time in quite a while! I am going to try the tortillas next.
Cathy

Alicia Charmbury said...

I have been wanting to make these for awhile. Can't wait to try your recipe! Thanks :)

Alicia Charmbury said...

I have been wanting to make homemade tortillas for awhile. Can't wait to try your recipe! Thanks :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails