Friday, June 26, 2009

update

Well, so far I have done the important things off of my list below. You know, like the quilting. Not only did I get the coin quilt top done........
but I also started and have almost completed the top of a play mat for Layton. I've had this lying around in my stash for almost a year now and I just finally decided that I need to do it. Kelly from the Quilt Stand takes her play mats seriously. She wants kids to actually be able to play on them. This thing is turning out more like the size of a big rug rather than the little "mat" that I would consider a play mat. But Layton will have fun with it. He's already asked me to "take the trucks off" of it. I guess a 2 year old just doesn't quite grasp the idea of the pictures on the fabric; they don't come off.

I did somehow also manage to get the trip to town done, lunch made, the taxes done, the wool dryer balls ordered, and the back garden watered but instead of napping right now, like I should be since both kids are asleep, I'm typing this. Hmmm, my priorities do seem a little out of wack.

One last thing. I just started getting this magazine and I am soooooooooooooooo in love.
It's already killing me waiting for the next issue to appear in my mail box. It even rivals my love for Mother Earth News. Actually, I think I love this one even more.
(**Gasp** did I just say that?)

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

quilts look great!

don't blame you on the magazine either.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

oh you've been busy! i love the quilt top. the magazine looks good, i'll have to check it out. I ♥ mother earth news and backwoods home magazine.

PersimonDreams said...

It's hard to prioritize...I too should be napping...or sewing...I'm blogging and reading blogs...oops!

Love your newest quilt! Can't wait to see the playmat!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

I think I'm going to do a coin quilt next. I keep seeing them, they seem to be fairly simple and quick to get together. I need some simple and quick in my life right now!!
Magazine looks interesting, I'll check it out.

CyndeJo said...

I love the quilt top, and the magazine looks amazing! I started a quilt but don't have the time to work on it like I want. Hopefully soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails