Wednesday, June 17, 2009

isn't it?

This blog is supposed to be about quilts, isn't it? Lately I haven't been doing much posting about projects. Mostly, because I haven't been working on many. I'm getting the itch though to get a few new things into the shop. I'm part way there. Here's a few shots of what's been going on.

Layton's "big boy" quilt is now done. We're getting his toddler bed this weekend and I think he's going to love it. "No more cribs!" as he says.

I used one Snippets jelly roll to do both of these quilts. I'm thinking of listing the log cabiny one in my shop and keeping the strip one for our little picnics on the lawn this summer.

This one is for the new baby boy of my friend, Stephanie. I used Michael Miller's Dick and Jane fabric for it. I'm thinking of making another similar one for the shop.

And finally, more Snippets fabric. I'm using 2 turnovers to make a pinwheel quilt. I think it's going to turn out really well.

8 comments:

lindsey said...

I love them. So I've realized that I may be a perfectionist (had no idea). I've started over a couple times now...

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

That's why i call my blog "life with 4!"... i knew that it would contain all kinds of posts, not just of one subject.
Your quilts look so bright and cheery!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

oh, i forgot... i'd like to see your Pottery barn kids rooms, please!
you have to prove it! ha ha

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Ha! Lisa, I was soooooooooo joking!! My kids rooms would be more of the "hand me down" rooms! :)

Kris ~ Fabric ala Carte (aka The Scrappy Quilter) said...

Love your new projects! I wanted to tell you that I have given you a Kreativ Blogger award! Go to my blog to see what that means!
Kris (Bonbonsandmore & Fabricalacarte)
http://thescrappyquilter.blogspot.com

Kat S. said...

You do such beautiful work! Where do you get the time to fit the quilting into your busy life!

Cheryl said...

all gorgeous quilts! and your photos in the previous post are so heart warming!

Carly said...

I love everyone of these quilts. Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails