Friday, June 5, 2009

cowgirl quilt #2

Here's the second quilt I made for the baby shower on Sunday. For this one I cut 5" squares and then threw in a couple 4 patches too. Thanks for all the nice comments on my cowgirl quilt #1
Today Layton and I were looking out my bedroom window. We often play "I spy" looking out it and when I asked him what he saw today he replied, "I see purple corn!" No, we really aren't growing some kind of freak hybrid corn in our yard. He was commenting on the lupine that I have planted out there! Kids are too funny!

I also FINALLY got a new quilt up in the shop! It's been quilted and done for about 2 months now I just finally got around to putting the binding on it. You can see it here.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

I love all three of the quilts:) Do did an amazing job!

So...wanna talk about being the worst cousin ever? I just found in my other purse, Timber's birthday card that I made her, and the check for Logan's quilt. I can't believe it! Especially seeing as how I made that darn card back when I was making Valentine's cards for my aunt's shop. Which means JANUARY!!! I SO need a brain transplant...

Miss you and love ya!

CyndeJo said...

Love this one too, that fabric is wonderful.
Oh love the purple corn...reminds me one summer I grew purple beans for real, they turn green when cooked, but are so pretty in the garden, and yummy to eat.
Have a wonderful day

Jerilyn said...

I love both of those quilts! And hmmm... Janeal just had me make a hooded baby towel for a baby shower that she is going to. You all must be going to the same shower. :) Well, have a great time.

sewfunquilts said...

Love the cow quilts & seeing your "purple corn"...LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails