Thursday, January 28, 2010

why? oh why?

Why did I have to see this quilt that I just had to make? Why, oh why did I then find this online quilt shop that made me think I'd died and gone to heaven? (They specialize in reproduction fabrics.)

What made me think that I must have this fabric and make this quilt for our bed? As if I don't have enough irons in the fire (i.e. UFO's) right now with quilting. As if I don't have enough fabric in my stash to last me the next 3 years of quilting. Well, not enough reproduction fabric to last that long, but enough of all the other stuff.

Maybe a better question is why am I so addicted to fabric? What causes that illness? Really, if you gave me $2000.00 to spend on fabric, I could do it (from the comfort of my home computer) in probably 1 hour. That's insanity! Note to yourself- never give me that much money to spend on fabric. Not that you would anyway.
And apparently, I need to spend some time reorganizing my stash. You never know how messy things look until you photograph them.


KaHolly said...

Organizing it all ia one thing. KEEPING it organized is a totally 'nother thing!!

Leslie said...

when you figure out what this sickness is let me know because i have it too!!!! i can not help myself. i see fabric i want to buy on a daily basis. i don't know what is worse, that i want to buy it or that i am online looking that much. yikes. i love your would be so fun to look through someone elses stash that obviously loves it as much as i do

why not sew? said...

I love those Bonnie Blue quilt patterns. I want to buy all of the ones that my LQS has. I am so addicted to buying fabric, it's crazy. I have not bought much lately though. I really have to use some of what I have. So I took a few days a couple of weeks ago and organized and refolded all of my fabric. It was fun! I like seeing other people's stash. That's how much I love fabric. I can just look at pictures of it and be happy. You know, I've never bought fabric on-line. I would be in real trouble if I were an on-line shopper. LOL!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

ok seriously!!! you need to find a support group!!! ha ha

AMKreations said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a fabric addiction! I've banned myself from buying just to buy...I have to know that someone wants a bag made out of the fabric, or I'm not getting it! =) I've seen places that do fabric swaps...maybe you could join in. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails