Thursday, January 28, 2010

why? oh why?

Why did I have to see this quilt that I just had to make? Why, oh why did I then find this online quilt shop that made me think I'd died and gone to heaven? (They specialize in reproduction fabrics.)

What made me think that I must have this fabric and make this quilt for our bed? As if I don't have enough irons in the fire (i.e. UFO's) right now with quilting. As if I don't have enough fabric in my stash to last me the next 3 years of quilting. Well, not enough reproduction fabric to last that long, but enough of all the other stuff.

Maybe a better question is why am I so addicted to fabric? What causes that illness? Really, if you gave me $2000.00 to spend on fabric, I could do it (from the comfort of my home computer) in probably 1 hour. That's insanity! Note to yourself- never give me that much money to spend on fabric. Not that you would anyway.
And apparently, I need to spend some time reorganizing my stash. You never know how messy things look until you photograph them.

5 comments:

KaHolly said...

Organizing it all ia one thing. KEEPING it organized is a totally 'nother thing!!

Leslie said...

when you figure out what this sickness is let me know because i have it too!!!! i can not help myself. i see fabric i want to buy on a daily basis. i don't know what is worse, that i want to buy it or that i am online looking that much. yikes. i love your stash...it would be so fun to look through someone elses stash that obviously loves it as much as i do

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I love those Bonnie Blue quilt patterns. I want to buy all of the ones that my LQS has. I am so addicted to buying fabric, it's crazy. I have not bought much lately though. I really have to use some of what I have. So I took a few days a couple of weeks ago and organized and refolded all of my fabric. It was fun! I like seeing other people's stash. That's how much I love fabric. I can just look at pictures of it and be happy. You know, I've never bought fabric on-line. I would be in real trouble if I were an on-line shopper. LOL!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

ok seriously!!! you need to find a support group!!! ha ha

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a fabric addiction! I've banned myself from buying just to buy...I have to know that someone wants a bag made out of the fabric, or I'm not getting it! =) I've seen places that do fabric swaps...maybe you could join in. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails