Friday, January 29, 2010

BEST-ever brownies

At least, that's what it said in my Goosberry Patch book. And really, they are!! If you're a fan of the gooey brownies then you'll love them too. If you're one of those, "I like my brownies fully cooked and cake like." then not so much.
Here's the recipe:
12oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c butter
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
1c flour
1/8 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla
1/2 c walnuts
Combine one cup choc chips and butter in small saucepan. Melt over low heat until smooth; strirring often.

Whisk in sugar and eggs. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Fold in vanilla and add walnuts.

Transfer to greased 8x8 dish and bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes. After removeing from oven, sprinkle remaining choc chips over top and let sit for 1 minute. (The chips will start to melt.) Using a knife or spreader, smooth out melted chips over top of brownies to create a frosting.

The recipe says to chill for 20 mins to firm up the frosting but we like to eat it right away when the frosting is still gooey and the brownies are still warm!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

this looks decadent!!! and tempting

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I hope no one saw me lick my screen!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

ha ha ha... i'm laughing at what Why NOt Sew? said in the comment before mine!! that is funny!

I love Gooseberry Patch books. I have a couple and they have some of our favorite recipes. yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails