Saturday, January 23, 2010

success!

Finally! I've been trying to perfect Kim's recipe because for some reason, it just wasn't working for me. Here's what I did; I used ALL white flour. (I know, I know, not as healthy as the wheat but it's working for me right now.) I increased the leavening to 1 1/2 tsp. I let them rise only for 30 mins and out on the cool counter. I think part of my rising problem was that I associate "rise" with "someplace warm" and that is not the thing to do with my muffins. They rose out instead of up. I'm still working on getting my skillet to the right temp for these though.
Anyway, they were great with our over easy eggs and bacon this morning!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

those look really yummy...are you planning on sharing the recipe?

Bobbi Jo said...

Thank you, thank you! So glad to have this recipe:) They look fabulous!!

Kim said...

They look good! I know the white flour isn't what I would prefer either, but I can't seem to make wheat work. Next time, I'm going to try adding some white spelt flour and see what that does. If you find a way to make it work, please let me know!

Jo @ life in lists said...

Well done! I love making muffins, they're great for having in the freezer for emergency meals as well!

I find keeping my skillet at a lower heat than seems remotely reasonable and cooking the muffins for a good 5-7 mins on either side works for us, but we have a freaky temperamental stove top that has to be accounted for!

Related Posts with Thumbnails