Wednesday, January 6, 2010

is it too late?


So today is January 6th and I'm just starting to think of a few resolutions for the new year. Usually I don't make any. Why do I need a January 1st to change things? I actually don't like change much but I think that this year and for the rest of my life I would like to make one resolution. I'd like to be more self sufficient in 2010 and from now on. So that's what I'm going to do. Along with that, I'd like to try and "do without" and "do with less" this year. If I need something- and I mean NEED it, then I'll first look at a thrift shop or a second hand store. I won't just go online and buy- with the one big exception of fabric! I will however, try and use my stash as much as possible this year and not buy new.
I'd like to grow more this year, bake more this year, sew more this year, create from scratch more this year.
What did you resolve to do?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your one big exceptions is gonna get you - and there are about 10 goals in the post, but hey go for it.

My goal is to FINISH start with quilty projects and ends with "the dishes".

FabricFascination said...

Sounds like a very good goal.

Leslie said...

ahhh using the stash is a really great idea, a nice goal. i should strive for this one as well.

Kris ~ Fabric ala Carte (aka The Scrappy Quilter) said...

I really like your goals...especially about making do when possible, and reusing when possible. I am making an attempt at finishing up as many of my 75 UFO's as possible!

KaHolly said...

If I can do it, you can, too! There is great satisfaction in creatively making do!

Dee said...

some kicking 'round the head and heart right now are not buying any more fabric unless I need it to finish a project already started first.

Build up my physical stamina...back to walking 4-5 miles a day.

Be content with what I have and use what I have first before buying anything new.

Continue on the journed of trust...to continue to let go, and let God.

Thanks for this, I think I needed it!

Best wishes for you to be faithful and successful with your goals!

ohiostar5 said...

Consume Less----Produce More, that was the message our pastor gave in November. Sounds like a good philosophy to live byso that is my resolution for 2010. Betty Lou

Related Posts with Thumbnails