Wednesday, January 20, 2010

does this ever happen to you?

I decide to make a quilt top.
I think I'll make a child sized one. Maybe 35x45.
It turns into 58x72.
I decide to go with the rail fence pattern.
After sewing all the little rail fence blocks I decide that I don't really like that and have to figure something else out.
The border I had in mind is not the border I end up with.
Pretty much the entire finished quilt top is something completely different than what I had planned.

Does that ever happen to you?

And um, the oatmeal has to wait, I did a stew in the crock pot instead. Sorry about that.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it does happen to me! I think your quilt ended up just gorgeous!! You went the right direction for sure.

KaHolly said...

It happens to me all the time because I am a scrap quilter and almost always quilt from inside my head instead of using a pattern. Esp. the size issue. But your quilt came out beautiful! ~karen

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

yup! been there done that... but in the end you still get a great quilt!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Oh yeah, all the time. Yours turned out great!

ohiostar5 said...

I think that is called "Designing." Love the quilt the way it turned out. Betty Lou

Jo @ life in lists said...

Lovely top, even if it isn't the one you intended!

Am impressed that you get any done at all, designed or otherwise, with the little ones under your feet. You make me feel very not-capable!

Suzanne said...

Oh...it happens :) Yours turned out great in the end!

Kathleen said...

It happens all the time and will suprising and lovely results. Your quilt looks great!

Sue from Ky. said...

I never follow a pattern on anything anyway. I think it is a perfectly lovely quilt. Bright and cheery.Anyone receiving it will cherish it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails