Monday, January 11, 2010

little logger

Saturday Layton insisted on wearing his suspenders to his Nana's house. And last night while we were eating dinner, Layton took his broccoli, stood it up and then said, " The trees are falling down!" as he knocked it over. Yep, he's the spitting image of his daddy! :)In more self sufficiency news, I got all the stuff to make my own laundry detergent (instead of buying it.) I also was in the market for a stick blender. Wal-Mart had them for $20 but I scored mine at the second hand store for $5. Yahoo!
And on a side note, I made some yummy homemade caramel corn yesterday using Kim's recipe. It is fabulous! I used raw peanuts instead of almonds becuse it was what I had on hand. Thanks for sharing that Kim!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

i love making my own laundry detergent...i have less static and the clothes are softer....without having to use fabric softeners. i love the picture of your son and that popcorn looks so yummy..fun snack

quiltingfrenzy said...

What a very handsome young man! Making laundry soap is on my "To Do List", maybe someday.:)

Karen said...

looking forward to reading about your laundry detergent success! Do share with us!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I make my own laundry detergent too. I love the savings compared to those pricey bottles of detergent. Plus it's great if you have super sensitive skin like I do. A batch lasts so long and it costs pennies per load. I also make my own deodorant. Very easy and works too!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

P.S. Layton looks adorable too! I love the suspenders.

Kim said...

I love the suspenders! My boy's had a pair like those that said "Midget Logger"...I was so sad when no one could wear them anymore!

I'm glad you enjoyed the caramel corn!

Leslie said...

i just wanted to say that i am really enjoying your blog. it is so fun to read. you are so creative. because of that i nominated you for an award on my blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails