Wednesday, October 28, 2009

baby update

Well I don't have that much to share. I'm still here. I'm still pregnant! :)

The appt with my midwife yesterday went well. Here are a few things that she said (that totally surprised me.)
1. "This baby isn't that big"- Wow, how great would that be? She's thinking 8lbs something oz. That sounds great to me seeing as both Layton and Timber were over 9lbs.
2. "Your labor is going to go fast" - Really? Because Layton was 25 hours and then a c-section and Timber was 8 hours of labor with pitocin and then 2 hours of pushing. But her words were, "When you go into labor you need to make a b-line for the hospital."
3. "Your going to go into labor any day now." - Well, I guess if you considered the next 2 weeks "any day" then I'd say that's right. Maybe she was just trying to make me feel better.

So here's our plan. My next appt is November 3rd. That's if I don't go into labor before then. And trust me, I'm praying that the next trip I make down there isn't for an appt! But, if I must, then on the 3rd we'll probably set up an induction for sometime around the 6th. Which is fine by me. I think that by November 6th I'll be ready to be induced if Mason hasn't decided to come on his own.

9 comments:

Dee said...

okay...the code to leave a comment this time is "ratsp"...which is how I feel...rats...I was hoping to read he was here, you both were fine...family adjusting nicely.

having been induced before...I'm praying for you honey! hang in there!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

oh, bummer!! your title got me a bit excited. but as long as mason and you are healthy and doing good, that's what counts!
try to relax and enjoy these final days before he arrives.

ktquilts said...

Hang on, the hard part will be over soon! The last few weeks are the hardest!!
Praying God's best for you!
Blessings,
KT

lindsey said...

Well I am praying that he will come on his own before the 6th. The 6th seems so far away when you are at the end of your pregnancy. Sarah was due on the 7th. Thank goodness Dr. Tynes helped her come early.

Karen said...

I pray all goes well for you and baby Mason. I can't wait to see baby pictures. I dearly LOVE babies & their little feet.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Keeping you in my prayers! Like my midwife told me "no one is pregnant forever", doesn't feel like that though! Hoping you have a quick and easy delivery.

Carly said...

This makes me laugh, first, 8 lbs is a big baby, isn't it? But, I suppose compared to your other two it is not.
Second, yeah, I love how they say things and it turns out totally different. My second was only 7.5lbs, until he was born and weighed 8.3 lbs. How did that happen? Gained almost a pound in 8 hours.
I wish you the best; short labor, easy delivery and healthy baby.

Lynette said...

I don't want you to be pregnant this long...but I think it would be funny if he came on your birthday or Keira's:) His grandpa shares HIS birthday with Jesus, and his Auntie Nett shares hers with his Great Great Uncle. :P Can't wait to hear when he comes and see pictures! Speaking of...you're always on me to post pics of the kids. There are a bunch of new ones on the blog...I updated/upgraded it some. Love you all.

Jerilyn said...

Thinking about you and praying for you. Can't wait to see pics of the little guy whenever he arrives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails