Friday, December 5, 2008

THANKFUL

I know that Thanksgiving is long over but shouldn't we be thankful each and every day? I know that I am.
I am so thankful for many, many things. First of all, I'm thankful for the life I live. I'm thankful that I have that life because of Jesus Christ! What a wonderful Savior!
In my life I have so many wonderful things, an amazing husband and three beautiful children; a warm home that is small, but perfect for keeping us all close; a piece of property that sustains us for now, housing our chickens, dogs, cow, garden and room to run!
I'm thankful for my sewing machine and the fire that the Lord has put in my heart for quilting. I'm also thankful for fabric! :)
I am thankful for being a stay at home mom (because my dear husband works so hard to provide for his family) which allows me to raise my children and be with them all day long. I'm also thankful that being home allows me to do things such as canning and all the other "domesticated" things that I love so very much.
What a wonderful life the Lord has blessed me with. I know that He has done the same for a lot of you. So remember today to be thankful- even for the little things in life. When you really think about it, your attitude can quickly be turned around!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

All wonderful things to be thankful for! It does me good to see a young mother with her heart in the right place, it's a wonderful thing to be able to be content with your life, and better yet to feel blessed by it! Thank you for starting my day with a smile!

Sara said...

This morning I am also thankful for your husband! :) Tell him thank you very much for delivering more wood chips today. They made my yard smell very nice! Was he cutting up christmas trees?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails