Wednesday, April 7, 2010

what it's supposed to be about

Ya know, this blog is titled "Mountain Home Quilts" and at first, that was all it was about (well, for the most part.) Since it seems that my life gets busier and busier with each passing year, I don't hardly have as much time to quilt as I used to, or as much as I'd even like to.
I did however just finish this...

Lately, I'll admit, that I've been all about whatever is easy. And this quilt was a cheater. It's a panel; it even had fake quilting on it (little lines that made it look like it had been hand quilted.) So I took it, actually quilted over the lines and put a binding on. Oh, and the binding fabric is from the Mary Jane Butters Farmgirl collection!

This is going over the electrical panel in our eating area. Because it's just weird and unsightly to have an electrical panel right next to your dining table.

11 comments:

Leslie said...

it looks great and is such a great idea to hang over something unsightly like that.

Lisa said...

If you hadn't told us, I'd have never known it's a panel! It's ok to cheat once in awhile!

Linda said...

I think it is very pretty. I love red and white quilts. I'm just finishing a lap qult that I originally started about 7-8?? years ago. It feels good to finish something, finally!!

Dee said...

What a clever and beautiful idea!

Kim said...

I love it! Honestly, I don't think any of us would've known that was a panel! Great idea!

Sunny said...

Very pretty! and a neat idea for using it as a cover-up!I like the simplicity of white and a single color.

FabricFascination said...

What a good idea, and I love that you quilted over the lines, lol. It looks great!

Unknown said...

It definitely looks handpieced. Now job quilting it. Oh, and I love the zig zag at the bottom. I love red and white. I'm seriously thinking that if we move, I'll do the little girls rooms in red/white. (They're not so little any more!).

Suzi of the Stars said...

Love it! Red and white quilts are my favorite :)

BINA said...

u would never know it was a cheater from the photo -- it looks beautiful and what a great way to hide the electrical nonsense! and btw, i'm all for the easy every now and again ...

Holly said...

Cant wait to see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails