Friday, April 9, 2010

skirt success

I've been working on this skirt for a couple days. Let me say that while a few people have been in awe of my quilts, no one is ever in awe of my other sewing abilities (or lack there of.) I've made quite a few aprons in my day but have never ventured into making clothes. It was always too intimidating. I just knew anything I made would probably turn out awful. So for this skirt I bought my fabric at Wal-Mart. I usually never even look at the Wal-Mart fabric because it's not the highest quality stuff. I wasn't about to spend $8/yd though on something that may turn out yucky. Now I wish I'd spent the money because it turned out great!I would have to say that the result is probably only because of how simple this pattern was! A fellow farmgirl from the MJF Chat Room shared it with me and I'm thankful she did! Here's the link if you want to try it yourself- even someone with minimal sewing abilities would be able to do this one!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

what a fun skirt...i bet it is so cool and comfortable

Anonymous said...

sweet and comfortable. good job!

Evelyn Fields said...

Good job on your clothing sewing adventure. It is incredible how different sewing clothes can be from quilts & snack bags & other home items. I'm having fun remaking some tank tops for summer.

Cindy said...

It looks so great. Very "farm" style. Comfy for spring and probably very practical.

Love the colors.

Dee said...

Love the fabric you've picked out and it looks so fun and comfy!

Great job!

Kim said...

You did a great job! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

Nice job! And I love the fabrics you selected. When my husband and I were in undergrad and grad school I made all my clothes because it was all I could afford. When child #2 came along (she was VERY active and speedy) I gave up all sewing - including quilting. Now that she is nearly 12 and all three girls are a big help around the house, I've broken out the sewing machine again. Just small projects, but perhaps we'll start a skirt soon! My girls would love one like this.

Karrieann said...

...beautiful! I love those skirts! Great job! Great colors!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU. I have fallen in love with skirts and I Loooove this one! I was hoping I'd run across a good pattern! yay!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails