Tuesday, April 13, 2010

tom or tomasina?

This is our newest addition as of yesterday afternoon; after our trip to the feed store when my 3 year old convinced me that we needed a turkey. I'm glad I take 3 year olds to the feed store because we'll now have a nice, organic, grass fed turkey for Thanksgiving. Why didn't I think of that sooner?S/he (the chicks are straight run so we're not sure what we got) fit right into our newest little brood of chicks without a problem. I wish I could have captured the expression on the chicks faces when I put the turkey into the coop. It was something like this, "Who are you and what planet did you come from?" They were a tad bit scared. But little turkey just pushed (in a friendly way) itself right into the bunch and they all got along fabulously.
We've also decided to live like it was 1840 and do away with all the windows in our house. It really gives it a nice airy feeling. Although when it storms, the rain does come right in which is a drawback. O.k., no not really. We just replaced the kitchen window- finally, after over 3 years of living with it broken and patched up with duct tape! What can I say? We're frugal. (Well, almost.)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

what a lovely turkey!! if we could i think my daughter would vote that we all live like it was 1840 for real. we recently went on a carriage ride in central park and she was so enamored she thought it a great idea if we all could go around like this always!!!

Anonymous said...

I've never considered getting turkeys. My grandparents used to raise turkeys when I was very small. I guess they used to follow the kids around like little puppies.
I have thought of getting ducks , just for the fun of it. Have you had ducks?

Mountain Home Quilts said...

I have never raised ducks. My MIL has 3 thay she raised from ducklings. I guess they just seems pointless to me so I've enver done it. Unless you like to eat duck, then it would be great!

Dee said...

What a lovely view out of your window! I like that in a house.

How do you tell if a turkey is a tom or-the other?

Cindy said...

Duct tape is good!

I thought you just really REALLY cleaned the window :)

Pokey said...

Congrats on the new window. Hey, the breaking happens instantly, but the "fixing" has lots of variables, time and money included.

I received my batiks and bonus pattern, and oo-o, aren't they neat?

Thank you again!
Pokey

Related Posts with Thumbnails