Tuesday, April 6, 2010

making room

If you grow raspberries then you're already aware of the fact that you can start with 5 plants one year and by the end of the next, you've got 20. They're like wildfire. Well, at least where we live they are.
Last year I think I dug up and gave away about 30 plants. Our little patch just couldn't handle the volume. This year we're a little more prepared. Gavin has expanded our patch to about 15'x24' or 360sq ft. I'm hoping to be able to dig up more plants this year and plant them back into the patch in a different location. We'll probably still have some to give away. I'm looking forward to the first ripe berries this year and some yummy homemade jam!

6 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Raspberry Jam...my mouth is watering!

Bobbi Jo said...

You always inspire me!! I've never thought to grow berries... hmmm:)

Dee said...

Some of my favorite childhood memories are of picking wild raspberries in the woods with family and friends.

Thanks for the smile this morning!

lindsey said...

If you have some to give away I still want some. I'm not sure where we would plant them so maybe you should come over and give me your opinion...and meet little Ava.

Sunny said...

Our raspberry patch is going on 3 yrs now and hopefully we will have a good crop this year. Last year was only about a handful at a time.

countrynmore said...

My son would like us to the room that you do for your plants.

Related Posts with Thumbnails