Monday, September 21, 2009

yumminess

We have a lot of green beans in the garden. I mean A LOT. And I do can them but we try, of course, to eat as many fresh ones as possible since they don't get any healthier than that. My husband has now set a limit on how often we can have them (2 x per week) since if I had my way, we'd eat them every night! Gavin actually gave me this recipe (if you even want to call it that) and it is sooooooo good. I thought I'd share.
Here's what you'll need;
Some fresh green beans, cut to a desired length- how many depends on how much you'll eat
Lots of garlic, chopped- when I make ours I use about 5 good sized cloves but more is always better!
Olive oil- maybe 1/8 of a cup or so
Sea Salt (optional)
A skillet or a wok

Heat the oil in the skillet but remember that you can't get it too hot- olive oil doesn't tolerate high temps very well.

Once the oil is hot, throw in the garlic and cut green beans and start stirring. This is similar to stir frying so you don't want the green beans to sit for a long time in one place, otherwise they tend to get kinda soggy. Stir fry for 5-10 minutes depending on how cooked you want your beans.

When they're done, they'll look like this:


Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve warm....... and be ready to get a second helping and a third and a fourth because they are so yummy!

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Yummy!! Garlic, olive oil, and fresh green beans...some of my favorites.

Related Posts with Thumbnails