Saturday, September 19, 2009

opinions needed

I whipped this little cutie up this morning. I saw it in Mary Janes Farm this past spring. The apples were used as bowl fillers but I got the idea to use it as a pincushion. I added a few different touches to accommodate the idea and viola- a little apple pincushion. I personally love it and was wondering if I made a couple up for the quilt shop, if they'd sell? So here's where you come in- what do you think of it? Lay it on me folks. And be honest!! If you really feel like, "Um, it's cute and all but I surely wouldn't buy one." then just say it. My feelings will not be hurt- pinky swear!
I'm not looking to break into any new fields in Esty. I'm sticking with my quilts. And shops that have a bunch of miscellaneous stuff always have kinda thrown me for a loop anyway. I'm not big on the "jack of many trades and master of none" shops. I just thought if I made maybe 2, that I'd see how it went.
Also, any ideas on it or improving it would be appreciated. I've already thought of creating the next one with a fabric stem instead of the cinnamon stick.

6 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

Great idea! I think they would sell and I like the idea of a fabric stem instead of cinnamon stick, too. :-)

PersimonDreams said...

I think they are super cute! A customer brought the magazine in to me to show me that pattern! I plant to make some too but I'll stick with the bowl filler thing since it works with having an apple store! :) Great idea...what's the worse than can happen by listing it? Oh...you're out 20-cents...GO FOR IT!

lindsey said...

Honestly, I think it's adorable. And, I will totally buy one. I need a pin cushion and there must be a reason why I haven't bought one yet...because I was waiting for the cutest one made by Heather :)

roseylittlethings said...

super cute!!

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Very cute. I think they will sell. Love the color!

Cheryl said...

sweet! the only reason I wouldn't buy one would be wanting to make one for myself... otherwise, I certainly would!

I don't think this is out of your "trade" element at all... but then, I'm one that doesn't mind those shops and am working to eventually have a variety in my own!

Related Posts with Thumbnails