Monday, September 7, 2009

labor day

Apparently no one told Gavin and I that Labor Day is actually a holiday, not a day that you're supposed to "labor." Gavin worked today up in Big Flat and I worked at home. Housework, canning and be still my beating heart, QUILTING! Yes, I really did! I got a new quilt listed in the shop, finally. A quilt top 3/4 done for a Christmas gift and over the weekend I even got another sewing Christmas project done. My poor machine doesn't know what hit it! :)
It actually felt so good to be so productive today since I feel as though I've been anything but the past 3 weeks being sick.
I picked raspberries and corn today. Canned all the corn I picked. Added the binding to my fall quilt. Got it listed. Mopped the floor. Did the dishes. Did the laundry. Washed the cabinets. Fed the kids. Sewed on my Christmas gift quilt (which I wish I could show you, but I can't because the person who will be on the receiving end reads this blog.) Did more laundry- including our bed sheets........ah, I love getting into a fresh, clean bed. And so on and so on.
Anyway, here's the new quilt. I hope you like it!

4 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

Hey! At least you remembered to feed the kids in the midst of all that busyness!!! ha ha

the quilt is beautiful... i love the fall-ish colors!

God Bless!

sewfunquilts said...

What a busy lady! Whew! I love the arrangement of the fabrics in your quilt....very nice!

lindsey said...

I love the new quilt. Still working on mine.

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful! =) You make lovely quilts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails