Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the ups and downs

Applesauce. Fun to make, awful to clean up after. At least the way I do it. Which pretty much sums up all the things I do. I'm great at making messes- not so swift to clean them up. You could call it "messy," I like to call it "laid back."
I enlisted the help of my little man to help peel apples again.

And then we cooked them with some water.

Then we added raw honey to sweeten up the sour apple taste.

Then we blended a little to make it less chunky. I know that I could have just cooked it down more but the less cooking the better, I think.

Then as the jars canned, we cleaned this up. See, not so fun.

I'll be using the rest of the apples for pie. Yum!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I just wanted to say "HI!" I love your blog!! I'm kind of new to the blogging thing, but reading yours and others like it, inspires me! This is one I'll be following!

Pokey said...

I enjoy making applesauce with my kids at school every year. Johnny Appleseed's birthday is September 26th. We serve ours warm with animal crackers, and it almost makes you think of apple pie-yum! I at first thought, "what mess?". Then I remembered, my kids bring in one peeled, cored apple! *vbg* pokey

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

applesauce is on my list of things to do in the next few days.
i like the idea of using honey... does it end up with a "honey" flavor? or does the honey mellow out when it cooks?

sounds yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails