Friday, August 13, 2010

Fair 2010

Our family loves the fair! The rides, the exhibits, the rodeo, the animals, the games and yes, even the food. Fair time is the one time a year where we let our standards on eating slip slightly.... o.k., ridiculously. Here are some shots from our fair time fun!
First, here is Layton's calendar. For about 3 weeks before he kept asking, "When is the fair coming???" We resolved that 5x/day question with a "countdown calendar." Each day he got to put a sticker on the calendar. He could then count the days remaining until fair. When it was full of stickers- we were off!

This is Wyatt's Lego entry in the fair.

Here is Layton's.

Both the boys won first place in their division but Layton was the only one who would pose for me in front of his!

Mmmmmmmm, cotton candy.

My good friend's two daughters both showed their pigs in the fair this year.

Wyatt and Layton on the big slide.

Layton driving his truck.

Timber lasted for all of 15 seconds once this ride started. The kind gentleman that was supervising stopped the ride so she could get off. She looks thrilled, doesn't she?

Mason was an angel the whole time, hanging out in the Ergo on my back.

I entered a couple of baked goods this year and took home 2 second place ribbons and 1 third. I keep all of my fair ribbons in a drawer. It's fun to go back and look at all of them, what they were for and when they were from.

Do you and your family enjoy the fair? Did you enter anything in your local or state fair this year? I'd love to hear about it!

7 comments:

Amy said...

We love the fair, too! Since we have returned to homeschooling this year, we will have even more time to spend at the fair! Love the idea of the countdown calender!

Evelyn Fields said...

I have such good memories of showing my lamb in 4h (just a few years ago....) Sharing these moments with our kids is really special.

Cheryl said...

The fair bring back good memories of when our children were young. My husband worked for a milk dealership and had to be in the milking barn morning and night for the 4-H kids. So we spent a lot of time their. Still have to go and get a Carmel apple every year.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I LOVE the fair...when I was a little girl I'd go to the L.A. County Fair in Southern California EVERY year...or was it Orange County?...can't remember, but it was HUGE, HUGE, HUGe and lots of great buildings....products, crafts etc...Oh, I loved it. My favorite was a working mine...where you could see what a typical mine looked like back in the day for processing silver and gold ore etc!!! I'd love to go again. Have a great weekend, Heather. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Anonymous said...

fun, fun, fun!!! All except the cotton candy part.......uuuckk! Never liked the stuff.
We really enjoy our little fair. I used to enter baked goods (and actually have brought home ribbons) but now it seems that all the prep goes into the kids' entries.
Between my 2 boys we had 19 entries this year!
Poor Timber. On that ride. Although, the picture did make me giggle. She is so cute.
And great job, Layton and Wyatt, on the lego creations!!!

The Chicken Keepers said...

We love the fair too! Soooo much fun!

Blessings,
The Chicken Keepers

Holly said...

Love this post! Especially Laytons shot with his creation! Glad you found a good use for the tractor pics! Such a cute Idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails