Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Thanks to Eparker1123 for including me here! I love it!
Oh, and I ended up making plum jam with the plums yesterday. Boy, that was not fun. Blanched plums just don't seem to peel as easy as blanched peaches.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Here are the pros:
1. NO chemicals in your clothes!
2. Easier on your dryer since there are no chemicals
3. It really does reduce the drying time as their website claims.
4. You just re-use them. That's it. There's nothing to it. I just leave them in the dryer and toss another load in!
5. Reduces lint in the lint trap (at least it has for me.)
6. Overall it is cheaper than purchasing dyer sheets. It's kinda like cloth diapering. You do spend the big money up front but in the long run it saves you tons!
7. Buying them supports a work at home mom! :)
Here are the cons:
1. Our towels aren't as soft as they used to be- but they are perfectly usable.
2. Since most of the kid's PJs are made of polyester (yuck, I know- but I have a hard time finding good cotton PJs) it causes static cling when I dry them (but only with the polyester.) If I leave them in the dryer though and allow the clothes to cool then the static is greatly reduced.
So there you have it. 7 pros, 2 cons. Overall I'd give them 4 our to 5 stars and absolutely buy them again (if I ever needed to) and a couple of you may be getting them for Christmas this year- so keep an eye out! :)
Monday, July 20, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
I just added a new quilt to the shop yesterday. If you get a chance, check it out! I hope that your summer has been as enjoyable as ours!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.
Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how could you leave and not take me.
Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time.
Ah, the Mama's and Papa's had it so right. :)
I'm one kid down for the next week. Wyatt left this morning for Vertical Life Camp with our church youth group.
Today I am; paying bills, printing up invoices and job estimates, balancing accounts, baking a peach pie, doing something oh so easy for dinner tonight, trying to quilt, watching the little munchkins, and spending some time outside in the sunshine. And I really need to go through the county fair book to see what I'm going to enter this year.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Kati Cupcake is giving away a kit to make this fabulous quilt called Porch Pots by Quilt Soup! It's a 60"x68" quilt using Amy Butler fabrics. Head on over to her blog to enter and when you do, please tell Amy that your found the giveaway on my blog!
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
A new fall quilt for the shop. I know I said I wasn't doing any more charm square quilts but since this was just a lap quilt instead of a king size I figured I could handle it.A few pinwheels from my American Jane pinwheel quilt. Have I ever said that I loathe pinwheels??? Well, I do. Not the actual finished quilt- I love those. I just don't like making them for some reason. This may not be my last pinwheel quilt ever (since I seem to be a glutton for punishment and always try another hoping it will be different) but it's certainly close to my last.
I do realize that it is just July and that fall is still a couple months away (2 to be exact) but I'm the kind of gal that likes to get a head start on things. O.k., no, not really. I'm actually a total procrastinator- big time. I do most of my stuff at the last minute. But there are other people who are more prepared than me. This quilt is for them. Find it in my Etsy shop here.