I've had these wool dryer balls now for about 2-3 weeks. I have to say that I am so impressed by them! And I am very pleased that I purchased them after seeing them in Mary Jane's Farm Magazine.
Here are the pros:
1. NO chemicals in your clothes!
2. Easier on your dryer since there are no chemicals
3. It really does reduce the drying time as their website claims.
4. You just re-use them. That's it. There's nothing to it. I just leave them in the dryer and toss another load in!
5. Reduces lint in the lint trap (at least it has for me.)
6. Overall it is cheaper than purchasing dyer sheets. It's kinda like cloth diapering. You do spend the big money up front but in the long run it saves you tons!
7. Buying them supports a work at home mom! :)
Here are the cons:
1. Our towels aren't as soft as they used to be- but they are perfectly usable.
2. Since most of the kid's PJs are made of polyester (yuck, I know- but I have a hard time finding good cotton PJs) it causes static cling when I dry them (but only with the polyester.) If I leave them in the dryer though and allow the clothes to cool then the static is greatly reduced.
So there you have it. 7 pros, 2 cons. Overall I'd give them 4 our to 5 stars and absolutely buy them again (if I ever needed to) and a couple of you may be getting them for Christmas this year- so keep an eye out! :)