Monday, February 9, 2009

Quilt Preview- Civil War Crossing

Here is another quilt I will soon have in my Etsy shop. I'm getting a little anxious about re-opening so this one may not make it to completion before I do. If not, it will be added soon afterwards.
This quilt is made up of Moda fabric (big surprise.) I used the Civil War Crossing collection because I am mad about reproduction fabric. I tend to keep reproduction fabric to myself though, hording it for my own personal quilts. But this one, I decided to share; how nice of me! :)


I'm still a little stumped on the border I'm going to add. I was thinking about 2.5" x 5" strips sewn together lengthwise and then added onto the quilt for a border. Most of you probably can't picture that if you're not a quilter, and even if you are a quilter I probably just explained it so poorly that you're having problems as well. I'll let you know what I decide later!

5 comments:

lindsey said...

Hey Heather
I was looking through some of your old posts on your blog and came across something. The quilt that you made and are keeping for Timber...I NEED one!! Well, Sarah needs one and I need one for my new baby when I find out what it is. Maybe not exactly the same as the one you're keeping but similar. What do you think? Have a good day. Oh by the way, I made another batch of soap yesterday...lavendar.

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Ok.k, we'll have to look into fabric!!:)

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

Very beautiful work!! I am sure the new owner will love it as much as you do!!

lissa said...

How simple and yet a classic. Love it. Love how the bubble gum pink pops

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Linz,
Try this site: http://www.cpatchq.com/ind.html

It's got most of the Moda fabric collections- you can pick a fabric collection that you like and we'll go from there!

Anyone else,
The site I referenced is fantastic when you're trying to look at new and older collections from Moda- to actually see the entire collections!

Related Posts with Thumbnails