Monday, June 30, 2008

Victory is MINE

Ah, sweet, sweet victory!
Yesterday BOTH of my babies took naps at the same time, in the same room! Amazing!
Now, for any of you that know the Scott kids you'll know that sleeping is not a strong trait of theirs. At all. Layton didn't start sleeping through the night until after his 1st birthday. He sleeps pretty well now in his own room, with an occasional bad night.
Timber sleeps with us and was taking naps on our bed during the day. We just got her crib set up yesterday and I decided to try it out. She will still be sleeping with us at night but I'd like for her to sleep in her crib for naps so that she can start to get used to sleeping in it. It is my goal to have her sleeping on her own in her crib by the time she is around 8 months old. She and Layton will be sharing a room so both of their cribs are in the bedroom next to ours. So I laid Timber down for her nap. And she slept, and slept and slept. Pretty soon it was time for Layton's nap. I went in and laid him down, snuck out of the room and 5 minutes later did the happy dance in disbelief that both of my "not so good sleepers" were actually taking naps together! Astonishing! Thank you Jesus! or maybe I should say "Praise God!" (those were the words that came out of my husbands mouth when I told him that the babies were taking a nap together!)
So, here's to VICTORY and babies sleeping together, in the same room, at the same time! Yahoo!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails