Monday, April 14, 2014

A Hand Quilting Finish

 
I finished this little quilt last week.
Once I really got going on quilting this, it actually went faster than I thought it would.
Choosing what designs to use took a little longer.
 
 
I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, being my first hand quilting project and all.
 Timber has this hanging on the wall next to her bed.
 
 
I'm certainly sold on hand quilting for little quilts, I'm not quite sure that I'm ready to give up the long-arm machine though for big ones!
 
Have you ever hand quilted a large quilt? What was your experience?


4 comments:

Michele T said...

I hand quilt all of my quilty projects and because it is somewhat time consuming, the largest quilt that I make is a lap quilt. I love the look and the process... sometimes it is tricky to decide on a quilt pattern but usually an idea develops and it is perfect. I have discovered a trick to use Saran Press and Seal which works beautifully!! You draw or copy the quilt design on the Press and Seal, press the pattern on your quilt, hand stitch the design, and then carefully tear away the Press and Seal.

Joy said...

What a beautiful quilt! I have a friend (she grew up Amish) who hand quilts many full-size quilts. She amazes me. I'm hoping to have her teach my girls hand-quilting. :)

Amanda said...

It turned out wonderful!

The details in the little stitches are precious!

I've never machine quilted, only hand quilted 1 large quilt and a few baby quilts. And while it does take longer, it sure is special:-) There is nothing like those crooked stitches by hand!

Michele said...

You did it! Looks great! We use a machine to quilt all of ours, but only straight line stuff sine it is not a long arm. Oh, how I would love one someday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails