Wednesday, March 26, 2014

An Overdue Update

Things have been wonderfully busy here. I can't even begin to express how much we are loving living here. The sunrises over the hills, the peace, the sound of the creek flowing, the bees that are flooding the plum trees, all of God's handiwork around us. It's amazing. And humbling.
And I for one am just downright thankful.
 
{Driving home}

We've been doing some clearing around the homestead and besides that there isn't much news around the property. Except that we finally added another rooster to the flock. And that we added 17 (which turned out to be 15 after they arrived) new chicks to the homestead. Timber and Layton now have their birds for fair and we have some new hens for the flock.
 
As far as the off-grid brooding, I took the easy way out....and we have the chicks at a friends house until they fully feather and can head up here.

 
I finally finished the top of a block-of-the-month quilt I did with my mother-in-law....which we began back in 2008. Yeah, I know. That's sad.
But it's done and on it's way to Kathy now.
 
 
I also added this quilt to my Etsy shop.
 
 
A special little girl turned 6 recently. Her Auntie made her a special cake.
 
 
She got a new bed from Grandma and Grandpa for her birthday.
 


And everyone helped to put it together for her.
 
She also got a new sewing area, compliments of her Nana and Papa.
 
The only problem is that the generator must be running for her to use it.
Which has been our sewing problem since we moved here.
So, to resolve that somewhat this got added to the homestead....
 
 
Mercy, I am in love.
 I could go on and on about this machine. But I think that's for another post.
It is amazing though and works beautifully. I have already sewn curtains on it and have begun piecing my first quilt on it.
Now Timber says that she needs one in her room. And I think we're just going to have to share.
 
 
          

 I've also been soap making. I got a new mold that makes a 1/2 batch of my normal soap recipe and love how it allows me to try different things in smaller batches. Now I only have 8 bars (plus the ends) in a batch instead of 15!
 
I think that's about it for now. I hope that all of you are well. If you're still here and still reading, thanks!
 
Be blessed!

3 comments:

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Everyone looks so happy :) Happy belated birthday to Timber! She's beautiful. I love the treadle. I've still yet to try sewing on one. Thinking of you and so glad things are wonderfully busy!!!

Preciouspeas said...

I love looking at your pictures! It was super fun quilting with you last week and I absolutely adore your new treadle. Enjoy your day!
Michelle

Sewing Mom said...

Wow....looks like you've been keeping busy. Love the treadle! I have one, but it's not something I'm using...not even sure if it works...it's beautiful though. =) Nice to see an update.

Related Posts with Thumbnails