Monday, December 20, 2010

nifty recipe holder

Now why didn't I think of this before? Actually, I'm sure I'm not the only woman to have figured this out.
Yesterday afternoon I was doing some Christmas baking and I pulled a recipe card from my recipe box. I wanted to hang it somewhere so that I could easily and quickly refer to it.
I thought of using tape and putting it up on a cabinet but then as I pulled out my kitchen aid mixer to add my ingredients, it hit me. Use the attachment cap!
So there you go, an easy and quick recipe holder.

Plus, here's my recipe for Mexican Wedding Cakes, which I made yesterday. I usually add chopped walnuts to my recipe too, it just isn't on the card. And as Mary Jane Butters would say, "use organic ingredients, of course!"

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a clever idea....one that I will have to steal from you :)

Sunny said...

We use the same recipe under a different name, "Russian Tea Cakes". My Grandma and also my Mom used to make these at Christmas time. My daughters all make them now. Wongerful how the good recipes get passed down.
Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!

Unknown said...

Very clever, Heather! I hadn't thought of that. By the way, I wanted to know what you thought of those soap molds I found that don't require a liner. Looks like they may be made of a hard composite material. I just liked the idea of not having to line them. Any thoughts on them?

Suzanne said...

You figured that one out before me!! So smart...I'll be using that idea from now on :)

Unknown said...

Ha, I never thought of that! Thank you for sharing...we'll have to give that a try.

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Amy,
To be honest, I don't know much about those molds. I can line my mold in less than 30 seconds (I had to do it that fast the other day when I went to pour my soap and realized that I hadn't already lined it!) so it doesn't bother me to do that. What's the price comparison?
I have seen ladies use plain ol' rubbermaid-like containers (rectangular, shallow ones) to pour their soap into. You can wiggle the plastic and just pop out the soap when it's hard.
I'm extremely happy with my wooden mold and will use it for many, many years to come! Let me know if you do buy one and what your felling are on it after use.

Anonymous said...

you smarty pants!!! Have a wonderful Merry Chrismtas, Heather. Enjoy God's blessings.

John'aLee said...

Just found your blog. Quilts and Homesteading! How perfect! Happy New Year.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I don't know how I missed this post...you kn ow why? This idea is super cute...and "Mexican Wedding Cakes" are my FAVORITE, I mean FAVORITE cookie in the ENTIRE WORLD!! My mom used to make these for me as a little girl :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails