Wednesday, October 13, 2010


While we enjoyed visiting my parents for 5 days, we are also so glad to be home. My parents live in a very big city, in a huge metropolitan area and honestly, it gets a little overwhelming for me! I guess I've just lived in a small town for too long. It was so nice to see my parents and brother though.

Big cities though usually have big things to do- like the zoo!
One of the best parts of our trip was taking a day to drive up to see my grandma and grandpa.
This is a photo of their house, courtesy of Wyatt.
My grandma lives in a sweet town that's about 25 times smaller than ours. It's population is 250 and there is a small grocery/hardware store, a church, a post office, and a gas station. I love it there! I wish that it wasn't a 10 hour drive from our home. We'd certainly visit more often if it were closer.
We got back Monday night and I promptly got back into the swing of things. I collected eggs from the chickens, cleaned the pig pen and canned 7 quarts of peaches. Oh, how I missed being home!


Tom, Lynette, and family said...

Ugh. It's too bad we weren't down there longer. We should have just all gone together to see them! Love the pictures. Love them. Love you. :)

AMKreations said...

It looks like you had an amazing time...and I find it so sweet that your grandparents are holding hands in that photo! Love it!

Leslie said...

what a great visit...i love going to the zoo. i love that picture of you and your kids. they all look so much alike

Holly said...

Your Grandpa is cute! He reminds me of the man from UP. I imagine he has the personality to match his looks. I have never met a family member of yours that hasn't been cheerio! Maybe Timber when she thinks she may get left with me ;).
See you soon!

goatldi said...

The zoo looks very so. cal? What fun holidays are. So glad a good time was had by all!

FabricsNQuilts said...

For me, I know it's always fun to get away, but always better to come home.

What a busy day you had coming home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails